September 9, 2006

Baby Lela



Grandma Lela has had two grandchildren named after her first name Lela, and 3 named after her middle name Christina.

I have a older cousin, by my mom's oldest sister Ila Jean, she named her first born after grandma's middle name Christina. Then my mother gave me my middle name Christina, after grandma's middle name, and then my cousin Michael, my mom's next oldest sister Geraldine's son, oldest daughter is also named Christina after grandma Lela's middle name. Which grandma Lela got her middle name after her mother, Ina's, middle name Christina as well.

Then Michael remarried and had a 4th daughter with his second wife, and they named her Lela. His wife, Maggie, loves the name Lela.

When my husband and I found out we were having a little girl for our first born, I was kind of secretly hoping for the name Lela, but my husband is a Junior and had always said he didn't like being named after some one, so I didn't even ask, since he had always said he didn't want to do the naming after people thing. One day he said, how about the name Lela, I really like that name. He never had met my grandma Lela as she had died before we ever met, but he had heard me share many stories about her. And I said yes right away. All his family really loves the name too. And so on September 9, 2006 we welcomed our baby Lela into world!

No comments: